Monday, April 08, 2013

Just a Thought

I'd forgotten something that occurred to me a while ago.  

I've blogged a bit in the past about my lack of fondness for my bike.  It's just not my favorite thing.  I like swimming and running better.  Riding my bike around traffic is stressful.  Riding inside is not as nice as going for a run outdoors.  I don't have a bike trailer, so since I am almost always with Rory, I don't have opportunities to ride like I do to run, since I can push him in a stroller.  Cycling might be dangerous, why would I risk getting hurt doing something I don't love, etc., etc.

But I was thinking that riding my trainer would probably help my running.  I think sometimes the biggest limiting factor in my being a good runner is how hot I get when I do it.  It's hard to get heat training in when the weather is cold by running outdoors.  But I always get really hot when I ride my trainer indoors, even when I run a fan.  I kind of wonder if this is why when I am doing tri training my runs have been better, and why I haven't had (oh, please, don't prove me wrong) heart palpitations in the triathlons I've done.  Maybe getting overheated is a cause of my heart palpitations, and I am better heat adapted when I ride my trainer a lot.

So I may just get back on my trainer tomorrow.  I can actually study for my class and ride at the same time, so I don't feel like I'll waste any time doing it.  I'm kind of excited about this.  Maybe my runs will be better in the future, and maybe I'll even do a triathlon this year. We'll see.

No comments: