- I used to think fleece pants were fine to wear in wet weather. Had many arguments with Raybon about this, based on personal experience. Today, I finally had to admit he was right. My pants were totally soaked, to the point that they were almost falling off of me from the weight.
- If you blink really fast in blinding wind and rain, your eyelids sort of act as shields/windshield wipers.
- Weather was horrible at mile .5. Bad for first mile. Quite nice at mile 2. Turned around at mile 3. Went to horrifically terrible at mile 4. Sigh, 2 miles to go.
- It's funny how when the weather was good, I felt God's love shining on me, and when it turned bad, I started to rethink my theology. Yes, I still believe in God, and really my beliefs haven't changed, but the gamut of thoughts (not beliefs) about my place in the world just based on weather.
- I don't think they'll take Rory away from me based on this, so I'll just admit it: I pushed him for this run. He slept through half of it. When he complained of cold, I bundled him up a bit more, and he was fine.
- Had lunch with Rory sitting in my wet clothes. I had a cold salad because that was the closest thing I could find that fit my diet, he a warm milk and grilled cheese.
- Went and swam with Rory after lunch in a warm pool in our wetsuits. Was quite nice, the sun came out for him. Rory has the best luck. I do not, so it is good that he is my almost constant companion.
- Was a little grumpy with him at the grocery store and trips between car and our other destinations. Sometimes I'm that bad mom that I am horrified by when I see it on other people.
That's about it. It was about 45 degrees, with winds, I don't know 18 MPH?