Tuesday, April 03, 2012

What's Next?

So I completed my half marathon.  That dream race of mine, the Surfer's Path Marathon is right around the corner.  Should I do it?

I'm thinking not.  I do sort of want to do it, but I don't think the timing is right.  It was only a month ago that I couldn't finish a 10K.  I am certain I could finish it, and I'm almost certain I could run the whole thing.  But I don't think I could run it like I want to, and the satisfaction at the end might not be worth all the time it would take to train for it.

Rory's birthday is coming up.  It is just 3 days before the marathon.  So I'd rather just focus on his birthday party rather than stressing about a marathon right now.

Also, I'm not sure what I would get out of it.  I think if I did it, it wouldn't get the marathon bug out of my system.  I know I'd still want to do a better one, and I think if I spent more time training in shorter races, my chances of having a better marathon once I finally did one would be greater.

There is a half marathon that day, too... Maybe I'll do it, maybe I won't.  Right now I feel inclined not to.  I want to focus on recovery right now, and not sign up for any longish races.  

No comments: